Call of Duty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty

Call Of Duty Boards - Forum Community for all Call of Duty Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Competitive Gaming: Utility Scripts (PC)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Competitive Gaming: Utility Scripts (PC) Empty
PostSubject: Competitive Gaming: Utility Scripts (PC)   Competitive Gaming: Utility Scripts (PC) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 6:07 am

Hello all. I'm here to give you a little helping hand when it comes to competitive (PC) gaming.

When you're waiting for that ClanBase or ESLor even a PCW match, and the oponents arent showing up, it can sometimes be a real bother to stay ingame, and if you ALT+TAB to do something in the mean time, you'll lose connection to the server. Why? I dunno. Its just how retarded CoD:WaW can be at times. Then theres the HLSW thing. Back in the old day with Cod1,2 & 4 you could connect via HLSW and then ALT+TAB if you wanted to change a map, pick it off a list on HLSW, RCON4CoD or whatever it was that you were using, but today you cant - becouse you'll again - lose connection.

But hey, Im not here to whine about it, Im here to give you hardcore gamers some solutions. I've been writing more or less useful scripts since CoD1, and bare in mind - these did nothing to help you play better, but rather help you manege the game, and make the whole experience less frustrating. For example - In CoD CB matches you always needed the oposete teams GUIDS so you could verify they arent using freelancers and that youre actualy playing against the right people. Well - i wrote a script that with a push of a button, the game screen froze up for half a second, and you had a screenshot of a pb_plist comand (includes all server client guids) in the console waiting for you on your CoD directory while you finish the war. Simple to use, and made my life easyer since i was the one that delt with most of my clans CB related stuff. Fermiliar with the situation when you start a CB match, everyone is ready, the first round kicks off, and suddenly two of your clanmates have stoped not far from the spawn saying "Crap, I forgot to record"? Well, that never happened after I wrote my next script. It was for recording demos. It made a button on your keyboard into a Start/Stop recording key, and again, helped us all out when demos would need to be recorded.

Now as CoDs changed, some scripts became absolete, others needed to be altered to work or make snese, and now - as CoDWaWs CB ladders are out and the 1.2 Patch near, I feel time is right to give the competitive gamer a bit of a nudge towards easyer gaming and game manegment. Its time for

Slyc3's CoDWaW Utility Scripts

##############################################
Whats included:

* Fullscreen Toggler (F8)
* Map Cycler (Page Up, Home)
* Record Toggler (O)
* ChatType Toggler (P)

1) A Quick Rundown
A quick explenation on all functions and how to use them.

a) Fullscreen Toggler(F8)
This is meant for the people that cant stay on the server without ALT+TABing and doing something else every now and then. Usefull when youre waiting for all your oponents to get their rear on the server. Just switch over to windowed, do your stuff and when the match looks like it may start up, just toggle back. I personaly also use it a lot when im playing public, and I want to talk to someone on MSN in the mean time. I have my desktop at a higher resolution than the game, so i can have both msn and CoD on the screen at the same time.

Note a few things tough -
1) I have a high perforemence rig, and the swap only takes a few seconds for me, while you may suffer choppy framerates, and very long toggling, as the entire graphics engine is reloaded when you do this. Lowering your ingame textures may speed this up.
2) Your weapon may not display properly when you do this. Switch back and forth between your sidearm and main to get it back to normal.

b) Map Cycler(Page Up/Home)
This is for all of you (most of you) who hate working with the ingame console to operate the servers rcon. Atleast once per war an admin is required to log into the rcon and switch the map, so the other half of the match can be played. Now for this you usualy had to first log into the console, then type in the map switching command. Gets realy old realy fast. Thats why I wrote this - the MapCyclerâ„¢

Pushing Page Up will cycle trough maps (displayed bottom left of the screen) and pushing Home will switch to the currently selected map. Simple to use, and the script automaticly logs you into your rcon.

A few notes:
1)You will need to enter your servers rcon in the second line of the file maplist.cfg replacing the XXX I've put there in order to make this script work.
2)There are only 5 of the most played maps in the scripts current cycle - Castle, Hangar, Asylum, Upheaval & Airfield. If you would like a map added, you're welcome to open up the file maplist.cfg, and add it yourself, or simply replace a map thats allready in there. Neither should be too hard, just make sure you make a backup first.

c) RecordToggler(O)

Now as you know, untill the 1.2 Patch is released this as pointles as throwing tabun gas grenades at a tank, but when its released (and installed on your computer), a push of the O button will start recOrding a demo, with the file names demo0000.dm_1, demo0001.dm_1, demo0002.dm_1, etc... and will be placed in the currently played mods map on your hard drive. Each time you stop and start a recording a new file will be made. The only downside here is that the numerous demos can quickly get confusing, and i suggest that you keep your demo directories as empty as possible.

d) ChatToggler(P)

Perhaps the most useless script here, but with all the whining disrespectfull underaged punks playing shooters these days, its definetly my personal favorite. A flick of the P button will make them all Shut uP. Yes. This will toggle the chat on your left side between Disabled/Enabled & Team Only. I dont think much further explenation is needed here.

Notes:
1)I hate whiners and have lost my nerves and concentration too many times, and then thought: I'm too smart to have to take this. And I've made this.
2)Make sure atleast some of you have your chats enabled during wars. The cases are rare but your oponents may actualy have something relevant to say.

2) "Instalation" guide.

1)Locate your player profile.
This was easy in the previous CoD installments, but here, youll need to search for it in your "Documents & Settings" directory on your Windows drive, or under "Users" if you're running Vista like me.

Example: C:\Users\sLyc3\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\pla yers

2.)Place all the .cfg files in this archive in this directory.
Right next to your "profiles" & "save" maps.

3.)Navigate further in to Profiles -> "your profile name".

Example: C:\Users\sLyc3\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\pla yers\profiles\sLyc3

4.Open up your config_mp.cfg files using a text editor such as Notepad or Wordpad. (right click -> Open With...)

5.Add these lines anywhere to make the scripts work:

Code:

bind O "exec record.cfg"
bind P "exec chat.cfg"
bind PGUP "exec maplist.cfg"
bind HOME "vstr cycle"
bind F8 "exec fullscreen.cfg"

Note: Make sure you dont have those keys binded to anything before you do this, becouse CoD will automaticly delete double bind enteries in your config files.

6.Save & Close your config file, run the game and enjoy the scripts.

If you have any questions about any of this - you may post them here, and I'll try and help the best way I can.
Please make sure to read the complete post before asking anything.
Attachments
Competitive Gaming: Utility Scripts (PC) AttachmentSlyce's_Utility_Scripts1.0-CoDWaW.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(2 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
https://callofduty.forumotion.com

Competitive Gaming: Utility Scripts (PC)
Page 1 of 1